Last month Kristina started working at LIFE Academy. Some of you might already have met her, but we have asked her a few questions for you to get to know her better.
- Age: 53
- Family: Husband and three children (two is grown up and have moved out)
- Education: BcS in Energy and Building Service Engineering
1. What did you work with before this position at LIFE Academy?
I worked as Senior Consultant in Sustainable Energy Systems and Sustainable Cities at Anthesis and before that I had a similar role at WSP.
2. Tell us a little about your collaboration with LIFE Academy before this role. How have you been involved?
I have been working together with LIFE Academy for about 7 years. I started by supporting the implementation of the International Training Program “Efficient Energy Use and Planning” that ran for several years. At the moment I´m involved in the ongoing Global Capacity Development Program on Renewable Energy as Program Manager.
3. How do you think you and your experience can contribute to LIFE Academy?
I hope that my vast experience of creating, planning, and implementing projects can contribute in the daily work. Hopefully my knowledge in sustainability, especially in energy efficiency and renewable energy, is an asset. I also look forward to developing the business within LIFE together with my new colleagues. I know that it is a team of committed, nice and knowledgeable persons that I will have the privilege of working together with.
4. What do you feel is an important contribution for a sustainable future?
Oh, there are so many things that need to be done. But I would say that increasing awareness about sustainability is number one, then other things will follow.
5. What are your interests in your spare time?
I like to spend time outdoors and I enjoy hiking, running, skiing, and gardening. I also enjoy spending time with my family. Especially during the dark Swedish autumn and winter I also use my spare time to cook, bake and read novels.
6. Who would star in the movie about your life?
I think I would go for someone funny, not to make the audience fall asleep. Mia Skäringer might be the one? Or Jim Carrey, but I don’t think we look alike?
7. What would you bring to a desert island? Name one thing only.