We are happy to have welcomed participants of the Renewable Energy Programme (REP) 4 at LIFE Academy. The participants have had their first week, of their two-week-long Swedish Phase, in Karlstad. The second week is spent in Stockholm.
During the participant’s first week in Karlstad they have:
- Received introductions to Sweden from several different angles
- Had different lectures and workshops related to the programme
- Met the Governor of Värmland County
- Been working with their mentors on their Change Projects
- Had a study visit at Karlstad Energi learning how the people in Karlstad get their energy and how they recycle
- Had a full day study visit at Glava Energy Center, where we were also happy to invite three students from Project GETA* to come along
- Presented their Change projects and Michelle Bouchard from Sida (Sida being the sponsor of the Renewable Energy Programme) were taking part
- Learned how to dance Line Dance during an evening of social activity
- Had a last study visit in Karlstad at Karlstad Municipality
On Saturday, we left Karlstad heading towards Stockholm. On the way we stopped at the worlds first Recycling galleria in Eskilstuna – ReTuna where some secondhand shopping was carried out. Once we arrived in Stockholm we received a guided tour in Stockholm before arriving at the hotel.
The Renewable Energy Programme 4 is financed by Sida and carried out by LIFE Academy. The programme has 30 participants and following countries are represented in the fourth batch: Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
*Project GETA: LIFE Foundation is working on a project called ”Project GETA”. Main goal of the project is to develop tools and new forms of training schemes to empower youth workers to become energy advisors and train rural youth with a purpose to make a smart energy transition of rural areas. Read more here.