A couple of weeks ago the Uganda Renewable Energy Programme had a phase in Jinja, Uganda and Arusha, Tanzania with LIFE Staff, mentors and other experts onsite. This gave the participants a couple of weeks to have training and study visits in both Uganda and Tanzania and of course last but not least – the important networking!
Overall Objectives for the onsite Training in Uganda and Tanzania
Increased investments in Renewable energy to provide a modern and sustainable energy system.
During the training in Jinja and Arusha this includes:
- Training on Renewable Energy technologies
- Access research and knowledge about the latest development, applicable technologies and illustrative cases and experiences
- Look at environmental aspects of renewable energy
- Study visits
- Work on Change Projects
- Minigrid – Utilities 2.0
- Kakira Thermal Power Station – Bagasse waste power plant
- Echo East Africa + A visit to a local farmer
- Hybrid Micro Grid Electrification – Solar/Wind
- Gadget Tronix – Productive use of energy
- E-motion – Electric Cars for Safari