May 3-11, participants of the Renewable Energy Programme (REP) 4 gathered in Zambia for their regional phase. The days where mostly spent at Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre and finished up with a couple of days in Lusaka. This was the first time that the participants met in person and presentations, workshops, group work, study visits and networking were as usual part of the schedule.
- Wind Power – Presentation and Site Visit at Kafue Gorge focusing on wind resource assessment with Dean Musukwa
- Hydropower – Introduction and Site Visit Kafue Gorge Power Station and Dam with Dean Musukwa
- Study visit at Standard Microgrids
- Study Visit at Emerging Cooking Solutions “SupaMoto”
- Solar Lab at Kafue Gorge with Martin Hamanyanga and Adamson Nyau
Other Content During the Regional Phase in Zambia
- Welcome and introduction and country presentations from Country Teams.
- Presentations and workshops on the energy situation, renewable energy, introducing different renewable energy sources such as solar energy, challenges and potential with renewable energy in Sub-Saharan Africa as well as regional trends in the energy sector.
- Presentations and workshop on strategic tools to be used for working with the Change Project, such as country situation analysis, SWOT, stakeholders analysis and problem tree analysis.
- Presentation: Project planning.
- The participants identified a relevant and prioritised problem for a Change Project.
- Presentation: Global Perspectives Goals and Trends.
- Presentation: Analysis of Sustainable Development Goals and Nationally Determined Contributions.
- Concluding dinner with LIFE Alumni from Zambia and other social activities.