On January 24-25 the Way Forward Phase was held for the participants of the Uganda Renewable Energy Programme in Kampala, Uganda. This included a study tour, presentations, workshops and networking. This was the final phase and the participants have now completed the programme.
The Way Forward Included
A study Tour, Presentations and Workshops:
- Presentation of Energy Efficiency and Energy Management by Elvis Ssekate
- Presentation of Kenya Energy Efficiency and Energy Management by Chris Mbori
- Presentation of the Pamoja Project and Spotlight Kampala by Peter Mwesiga and Jessica Kersey
- Study Tour: Pamoja Project
- Way Forward Workshop: How the participants can use the acquired abilities to drive change in their organisations and in Uganda to contribute to a more sustainable energy system
- Concluding dinner
- Diploma Ceremony
Change Project Presentations:
- Power Infrastructure Anti-Vandalism Project by Godfrey Kerfua Ongur, Umeme Limited, Eng Hiire Nicholas, Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited, Akinya Robert Opiya, Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited, Lisbert K.Ngabirano, Electricity Regulatory Authority, Michael Mwondha, Electricity Regulatory Authority and Natasha Asaba, Umeme Limited/Electricity Regulatory Authority.
- End of Life Management of Renewable Energy E-Waste by Chad Silas Akita, Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL), Doreen Abamurungi, Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL), Ngabo Simon Paul, Uganda Investment Authority (UIA), Stella Bayiga, Umeme Limited and Andrew Aloka, Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA).
- Productive Use of Electricity (PUE) by Moses Anguyo, Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL), Jane N. Kiyimba, Makerere University, Rogers Abigaba, Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA), Hassan Mayanja, Umeme Limited and Kyampansiima Kiconco, Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL).
- Strengthening Capacity of Training Institutions in Renewable Energy by Abdon Atwine, MEMD, Agnes Naluwagga, CREEC, Proscovia Nankya, UEGCL, Allan Kasedde, UEGCL and Francis Kajura, PSFU.